Some of the sights and sounds from this morning’s OTA session behind Gillette Stadium:
* To start, the team has released DL Amon Gordon. Gordon, a 2004 fifth-round pick of the Browns, signed with New England on April 21. Releasing Gordon leaves the Pats with 76 players signed; the max allowed for this time of year is 80.
* Wes Welker was once again with his teammates for stretching, agility work and some position drills before retreating to the Dana-Farber Fieldhouse. During route work, Welker made a pretty sideline catch, about 25 yards downfield.
* Matthew Slater, likely a player on the bubble, got some love from his teammates after making a great sideline catch on an out cut near the goal line (there was no defense for the drill); several receivers slipped trying to make the same catch on the wet grass.
* Robert Kraft stopped by to watch the final third of the practice.
* During seven on seven work with the first-teamers facing one another: the offense converted three straight first down passes — Tom Brady to Randy Moss, Julian Edelman and then Brandon Tate, and Moss was quite vocal with the defense, boasting about the O’s prowess.
* After some field-goal work — for what it’s worth, Stephen Gostkowski continues to have a strong spring — the first teams returned, this time for more competitive 11 on 11. Moss and Brady’s words apparently had an effect on the D, as the offense failed to get into the end zone from the 10-yard line and a full set of downs, with both Brady and Hoyer under center.
* Leigh Bodden returned after missing Tuesday’s session to honor student-athletes at his high school alma mater, Maryland’s Northwestern High, with scholarships. Bodden rewarded one graduating male and female athlete each at Northwestern, Largo and Suitland highs, the first act of the foundation he started this year.
* Those missing were: Ty Warren, Brandon McGowan, Matt Light, Nick Kaczur, Logan Mankins, Aaron Hernandez, Taylor Price and Kade Weston. Without Light and Kaczur, Sebastian Vollmer lined up at left tackle and Mark LeVoir at right.