Not a whole lot is known about the Central Arkansas product, though he was on the radar of several teams as a possible late-round selection, including the Packers.
- Carter measured 6-4 ½ and 252 pounds at his pro day. Ran 4.70 in the 40-yard dash with an impressive 35.5 vertical jump and 10-1 broad jump.
- Knock is that he needs to get stronger, as he only had 17 reps on the bench.
- Obviously Carter fits the profile at outside linebacker. He’s a projection as he played end in college. He’ll be in the mix with everyone else the Patriots have there.
- Same college (I-AA) produced Jacob Ford (Titans) and Larry Hart (Jaguars).
- Had 30 ½ tackles for a loss and 12 sacks the past two seasons.
Ski season updates, free from The Boston Globe.
Get the Globe's free newsletter, It's All Downhill, for the latest from the slopes.