The Patriots just concluded practice. We’ll be back later with a complete rundown on what went on, but here’s the news:
The Patriots had a total of 18 players out, including those on the physically unable to perform list, which is 20 percent of their 90-man roster.
Among those out were defensive linemen Albert Haynesworth and Mike Wright, and linebacker Brandon Spikes. All three missed practice for the second straight day.
Here’s the breakdown:
– Physically unable to perform list: DL Ron Brace, DL Brandon Deaderick, RB Kevin Faulk, OT Matt Light.
– Non-football injury list: OL Marcus Cannon.
– Out but watching practice: WR Brandon Tate, CB Ras-I Dowling, S James Sanders, S Josh Barrett, OT Kyle Hix, DL Ron Brace.
– Out and not visible at practice: RB Shane Vereen, CB Thad Turner, S Ross Ventrone, RB Eric Kettani, LB Brandon Spikes, OL Ryan Wendell, DL Albert Haynesworth, DL Mike Wright.
– Returned to practice: DL Myron Pryor.
Ventrone and Turner were new injuries. Both ended yesterday’s practice with the stretching unit.