Will be back with a full rundown on what went on in today’s indoor practice session, but here are the headlines:
– DE Jermaine Cunningham was not at practice. He did not take part in sprints yesterday at the conclusion of practice. Eric Moore filled in at left end, while Andre Carter was on the right side.
– Sergio Brown saw his reps with the first team dramatically increased at safety. Most of the time, it was Brandon Meriweather who watched from the sidelines as Brown and Patrick Chung got a majority of the first team reps.
– Chung had the biggest hit of the day when TE Aaron Hernandez went into the air and Chung slammed him to the turf.
– The defense had a big goal line stand and did not let the offense get into the end zone. Not a great day for the offense overall.
– Matt Light has gradually gotten more reps.
– Guard Zach Roth returned to practice. Other than that, attendance remained the same.
– RB Stevan Ridley, a third-round pick, was not able to finish practice with a leg injury. Second-round pick Shane Vereen continues to be out. Patriots are down to four healthy RBs: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Sammy Morris and Richard Medlin.
– Physically unable to perform list: DL Ron Brace, DL Brandon Deaderick, RB Kevin Faulk, DE Shaun Ellis.
– Non-football injury list: OL Marcus Cannon.
– Out but watching practice: WR Julian Edelman, WR Brandon Tate, CB Ras-I Dowling, RB Shane Vereen, S Josh Barrett, S James Sanders.
– Out and not visible at practice: WR Taylor Price, DB Malcolm Williams, RB Eric Kettani, LB Brandon Spikes, OL Ryan Wendell, LB Christian Cox, DL Albert Haynesworth, DL Mike Wright, LB Jeff Tarpinian, DE Jermaine Cunningham.
– Returned to practice: OL Zach Roth.