Good morning. Here is your PDB for Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2011. It contains all the links, info, analysis and occasional humor that you’ll need to go about your day. If you can’t detect sarcasm or take yourself and/or football too seriously, this may not be your thing.
This is going to be a real short version with an early practice.
WHAT’S ON TAP
– 10:30-1 p.m., practice
– 1-1:45 p.m., walkthrough practice open to public on the grass fields
– RB Stevan Ridley did not finish practice with an injury yesterday.
– S Sergio Brown got a chance to show what he could do with the first team yesterday, while Brandon Meriweather did a lot of watching. Will it continue?
– Wes Welker is feeling good.
– Notebook leads with Tom Brady surprised about not playing in the exhibition game.
– The practice report is in the blog, along with several videos.
AROUND THE DIVISION
Here’s the tally so far:
PATRIOTS—Additions: WR Chad Ochocinco (trade), DE Albert Haynesworth (trade), OL Jonathan Compas, DE Mark Anderson (Texans), DL Shaun Ellis (Jets), DE Andre Carter (Redskins), OL Mark Wetterer (Bengals), OL Zach Roth. Re-signings: LT Matt Light, LG Logan Mankins, RB Sammy Morris, RB Kevin Faulk, LB Tracy White, DT Gerard Warren. Subtractions: OLB Tully Banta-Cain, DB Tony Carter, DL Marcus Stroud, DL Ty Warren, TE Alge Crumpler, OL Nick Kaczur, LB Anthony Leonard, LB Ryan Coulson, QB Jonathan Crompton, RB Thomas Clayton, DE Marlon Favorite, S Brandon McGowan, S Jarrad Page, CB Thad Turner, S Ross Ventrone, DL Steve Williams, OL Chris Morris.
JETS—Additions: WR Plaxico Burress, P Chris Bryan (Bucs), CB Donald Strickland (Chargers), WR Derrick Mason, DE Cody Brown (Lions), TE Keith Zinger (Falcons). Re-signings: CB Antonio Cromartie, WR Santonio Holmes, RT Wayne Hunter, S Eric Smith, K Nick Folk, T Robert Turner, QB Mark Brunell, S Brodney Pool, LB David Herron. Subtractions: WR Brad Smith (Bills), OL Damien Woody (retirement), CB Will Billingsley (waivers), G Marlon Davis (waivers), P Steve Weatherford (Giants), CB Drew Coleman (Jaguars), OLB Jason Taylor (Dolphins), WR Jerricho Cotchery, DL Shaun Ellis (Patriots), WR Braylon Edwards (49ers).
DOLPHINS: Additions: RB Reggie Bush (trade with Saints), LB Jason Trusnik (Browns), QB Matt Moore (Panthers), LB Kevin Burnett (Chargers), DL Ronald Fields (Broncos), LB Jason Taylor (Jets), OT Marc Colombo (Cowboys), OL Ray Willis (Seahawks), QB Kevin O’Connell, LB Marvin Mitchell (Saints). Re-signings: DL Tony McDaniel. Subtractions: QB Tyler Thigpen (Bills), LB Channing Crowder (retirement), LB Tim Dobbins.
BILLS: Additions: QB Tyler Thigpen (Dolphins), WR Brad Smith (Jets), DL Lionel Dotson (Dolphins), LB Nick Barnett (Packers), WR Buster Davis (Chargers). Re-signings: CB Drayton Florence, LB Garrison Sanborn, TE Scott Chandler, RB Bruce Hall. Subtractions: LB Paul Posluszny (Jaguars), S Donte Whitner (49ers), WR Lee Evans (Bills).
– Jets gave up seven sacks in a loss to the Texans last night.
– Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez joked about the GQ story.
– Bigfoot, I mean Plaxico, says he’ll be full go on Wednesday.
– UMass’ own Vlad Ducasse was not good last night.
– CB Sean Smith is trying to mature.
– Former Patriots DL Ty Warren might have a serious triceps injury.