The Patriots held a glorified walk-through practice today in shells, shorts and helmets.
The team periods were noncompetitive and they were all in preparation for an upcoming opponent, be that the Buccaneers on Thursday night or a regular-season opponent.
– RB Stevan Ridley returned to practice after not finishing with an injury yesterday.
– There were no other changes in the attendance report.
– S Brandon Meriweather was back in his starting position for most of practice, but Sergio Brown continued to get reps. Did find it interesting the first time the first-team defense worked on opponent stuff, Brown was in with Patrick Chung.
– Physically unable to perform list: DL Ron Brace, DL Brandon Deaderick, RB Kevin Faulk, DE Shaun Ellis.
– Non-football injury list: OL Marcus Cannon.
– Out but watching practice: WR Julian Edelman, WR Brandon Tate, CB Ras-I Dowling, RB Shane Vereen, S Josh Barrett, S James Sanders.
– Out and not visible at practice: WR Taylor Price, DB Malcolm Williams, RB Eric Kettani, LB Brandon Spikes, OL Ryan Wendell, LB Christian Cox, DL Albert Haynesworth, DL Mike Wright, LB Jeff Tarpinian, DE Jermaine Cunningham.
– Returned to practice: RB Stevan Ridley.