Some quickie thoughts at halftime:
- QB Tom Brady got off to a hot start but cooled a bit in the second quarter. He finished 14 of 22 for 211 yards and one touchdown. The Dolphins’ pass rush is starting to get into a better rhythm now and Brady’s going to have speed up his clock a little bit with backups (or newcomers) at all three positions on the right side and center.
- The Dolphins have no answer for the two tight ends. Patriots should keep pounding them.
- The injury to Dan Koppen really puts the Patriots in a rough spot. Dan Connolly is on the spot now at a crucial position. Brady will have to do more line adjustments than usual.
- The Patriots, to no one’s surprise, is using a deep defensive line rotation. After a rough start on the opening drive, they’re starting to do some things and generate pressure.
- That Ras-I Dowling started at CB must have surprised the Dolphins. Expect them to go after the rookie more in the second half.
- Patrick Chung has been all over the field. He’s the leader back there and he’s going to need to continue to play big.
- As long as the Dolphins continue to make Chad Henne have to beat them on long drives, they should do OK.
Ski season updates, free from The Boston Globe.
Get the Globe's free newsletter, It's All Downhill, for the latest from the slopes.