EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Some quickie thoughts at halftime as the Patriots lead 13-9 in a quiet MetLife Stadium:
- It hasn’t been a work of art, but this game is coming off exactly how the Patriots drew it up.
- The defense has played terrific, especially with the pass rush, which has at least four sacks (2.5 by Andre Carter), a rush by Mark Sanchez for no gain and a grounding penalty. The coverage has been there as well.
- Sanchez has been rattled. He’s reverted
- Patriots have been using Jeff Tarpinian on early downs and Tracy White in passing situations in place of Gary Guyton, who apparently has been benched.
- Tom Brady (12 of 22 for 194 yards) continues to miss throws he normally makes. Looks like he’s dealing with a right elbow injury.
- The Patriots’ offensive line has been up and down. Dan Connolly had a fumbled snap to Brady, Sebastian Vollmer gave up a safety.
- TE Rob Gronkowski has been a beast with five catches on six targets for 79 yards and a touchdown.
- WR Chad Ochocinco got loose for two catches for 65 yards, but has been ineffective with Antonio Cromartie on him.
- It looks like CB Devin McCourty (right shoulder) could be out for a while.
Ski season updates, free from The Boston Globe.
Get the Globe's free newsletter, It's All Downhill, for the latest from the slopes.