LANDOVER, Md. – Some halftime thoughts:
- Patriots look discombobulated in every phase of the game right now.
- On offense, Jim Haslett dials up the kind of packages that have given the Patriots problems this year: ability to pressure and play physical man coverage underneath. It’s an entirely different game than the Colts’ soft zone last week.
- On defense, the same stuff continues to happen with breakdowns in the secondary and they’re also getting gashed by the Redskins’ zone runs. Thank goodness for LBs Jerod Mayo, Dane Fletcher, and Tracy White, who are flying around the ball.
- Devin McCourty had a terrible pass interference call on third-and-18 and his struggles continue in coverage though the Patriots are playing so much zone coverage, I’m not sure how much is his fault. Still, at the least, he can make some plays on the ball.
- Chad Ochocinco showed some life by running a terrific route to pick up a big third down. It was his best route of the season by far.
- Rob Gronkowski continues to amaze. He can’t be covered.
- Aaron Hernandez has played gimpy the entire game. He also had a big TD drop.
- The refs are too involved in this game. The roughing call against Andre Carter and the personal foul by London Fletcher were bad. Let the guys play.
- Patriots need to spread the offense out in the second half and throw quick passes. The pressure is getting home. Brady’s taking too many shots.
- On defense, the linebackers must get better drops in zone coverage.
Ski season updates, free from The Boston Globe.
Get the Globe's free newsletter, It's All Downhill, for the latest from the slopes.