FOXBOROUGH – A quickie take on this afternoon’s practice, which was held in very hot and humid conditions.
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (hamstring).
Red jerseys: WR Matthew Slater (shoulder), S James Ihedigbo (shoulder).
Not participating: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), FB Tony Fiammetta (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg).
Returned to practice: S Nate Ebner, C/G Nick McDonald (no team), WR Brandon Lloyd (no team), WR Deion Branch (no team), CB Will Allen, DE Jake Bequette.
Newly signed OG Derek Dennis couldn’t be in pads so he wasn’t participating in practice, but he still left via a cart for some reason.
Dan Koppen and Dan Connolly both needed trainer assistance during post-fight laps. both returned.
Back in full pads.
- Two more sizable fights, which ticked off Bill Belichick enough to make the team run three laps. Patrick Chung was in the middle of the first one again, and then the defense took offense to OT Darrion Weems taking LB Dane Fletcher to the ground on the second. After the laps, Brady kicked the coaches out and delivered a players-only talk.
- Think it’s time to adjust expectations for DE Chandler Jones. At this point, he’s a full-time starter at LDE and we don’t really see any reason why that should change anytime soon.
- Rough practices for LT Nate Solder, RT Marcus Cannon and C Dan Koppen, who was back on the second team and seems likely to stay there.
- TE Rob Gronkowski looks back to his old self. He had a terrific practice blocking for the first time all camp.
- Vince Wilfork decided to bring it today in one-on-ones and absolutely dominated after his first rep.
- Tom Brady, who was serenaded by fans a few times for his birthday, finally got into the end zone on two-minute to WR Julian Edelman.