FOXBOROUGH – Here’s a rundown on what went on at Patriots’ practice on Sunday.
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Reserve/left squad: FB Tony Fiammetta.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder).
Red jerseys: WR Matthew Slater (shoulder), S James Ihedigbo (shoulder).
Not participating: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg), WR Deion Branch (no team), OG Derek Dennis (no pads per CBA), Nick McDonald (no pads per CBA), S Derrick Martin (no pads per CBA), DT Ron Brace (unknown).
Returned to practice: WR Jeremy Ebert (no pads per CBA), WR Brandon Lloyd (full go).
DT Kyle Love got poked in the eye during one-on-ones by Dan Koppen.
LT Darrion Weems left with trainers and did not return.
OT Kyle Hix suffered a left arm injury and did not return.
- Injuries on the offensive line are becoming a huge concern with Weems and Hix leaving. That forced guys like Marcus Cannon, Nate Solder and Donald Thomas to take double the amount of reps. That really exposes those guys to fatigue injuries.
- Lloyd finally got back in the swing of things.
- Not a real crisp practice for the passing offense again. The frustration from QB Tom Brady was palpable.
- Ras-I Dowling had an interception.
- Rookie Nate Ebner was on the top kickoff return unit after on his second practice day.
- About half of practice was spent on prep work, likely for the Saints.
- Matthew Slater and James Ihedigo shed their red jerseys so they’re full go for contact.