FOXBOROUGH – Here’s a rundown on what went on at Patriots’ practice on Monday morning:
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Exempt/left team: FB Tony Fiammetta.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder).
Not participating: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg), WR Deion Branch (no team drills), S Derrick Martin (no pads per CBA), DT Ron Brace (unknown), S James Ihedigbo (unknown), OT Darrion Weems (precautionary), OT Kyle Hix (right shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (no pads per CBA), LB Brandon Spikes (unknown), LB Dane Fletcher (no team drills).
Returned to practice: DT Kyle Love, after getting poked in the eye.
- There were three NFL officials on the field for the first time.
- Patriots did their annual soaking of the rookies with a firehose. Included were new staff members Joe Judge and Steve Belichick, among others.
- Brandon Spikes was missing from practice. As a result, Dont’a Hightower moved to the middle and was backed up by Mike Rivera, with Dane Fletcher not participating in team drills.
- Ryan Wendell was back with the first team at center. Because of injuries at tackle, Nick McDonald had to play left tackle with the second team. Don’t think he’s ever done that before, even when he was with the Packers.
- CB Ras-I Dowling is starting to stack success. Had a nice break on the ball to break up a pass. That followed an interception on Sunday.