FOXBOROUGH – A quickie look at the practice on Wednesday afternoon:
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Exempt/left team: FB Tony Fiammetta.
Physically unable to perform: RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder).
Continued to be out: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg), OT Kyle Hix (right shoulder), FB Eric Kettani (unknown), DT Gerard Warren (unknown).
New injuries: S James Ihedigbo, CB Malcolm Williams.
Limited in practice: LG Logan Mankins (right knee – no team drills), RG Dan Connolly (unknown).
Returned to practice TE Rob Gronkowski, TE Aaron Hernandez, WR Brandon Lloyd.
Injured during practice: WR Jabar Gaffney (right quad). Took off his pads and iced it.
DL Marcus Harrison (left leg). Don’t think he returned.
- The offense was buoyed by the return of Gronkowski, Hernandez and Lloyd. They were much crisper.
- There has to be concern with Gaffney going off with what looked to be a pretty good quad pull. But we’ll have to see on that.
- Logan Mankins was involved in contact for the first time with one one-on-one rep and three in two-on-twos. Mankins was back to shoving fools around. He wasn’t perfect — his feet look a little heavy — but a very good start. Mankins did not take part in team drills.
- Shane Vereen got his most work overall and with the first team all camp.
- Dan Koppen and Ryan Wendell switched off at center. Ras-I Dowling and Sterling Moore did the same at nickel back.
- This was the first competition-filled practice in some time.
- Nate Solder won both his one-on-one reps for the first time in a while. Marcus Cannon continues to struggle.