EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – A few quick thoughts at halftime as the Patriots lead the Jets 35-3:
- I don’t even know what to say, really. Just a complete debacle by the Jets.
- It all started with Jerod Mayo stopping Bilal Powell on third-and-2 with 10:30 left in the second quarter.
- On fourth down, Vince Wilfork wrecked a double team and Mayo destroyed FB Lex Hilliard to stop Shonn Greene for no gain and a forced fumble by Brandon Spikes.
- On the next play, Shane Vereen made Bart Scott look 83 years old on an 83-yard touchdown pass where he went untouched to make it 14-0.
- Two plays later, the Jets couldn’t run a handoff correctly and then quarterback Mark Sanchez ran straight into the backside of right guard Brandon Moore, fumbled and Steve Gregory ran it in to make it 21-0.
- On the next kickoff, Devin McCourty slammed James McKnight to force a fumble, which Julian Edelman ran back to make it 28-0.
- On third-and-5, Jets safety LaRon Landry completely blew a coverage and Edelman on a 56-yard touchdown that gave the Patriots a 35-0 advantage.
- Jets fans chanted for Tim Tebow.
- Oh, the Jets got a field goal before halftime.
- Wilfork had a completely dominating first half. He was consistently shedding double teams and making tackles. A man possessed.
- Patriots are doing a nice job bringing some timely pressure on Sanchez.
- In the first game without Rob Gronkowski, the Patriots stayed with their two tight-end system with 20 plays featuring two tight ends – Aaron Hernandez in his flex role, and Daniels Fells in Gronk’s Y position. The Patriots ran nine plays with one back, one tight end and three receivers.
- This game was actually close for a while.
- Happy Thanksgiving!