FOXBOROUGH – Some thoughts as the Patriots lead the Ravens 13-7 at halftime:
- Outside of the Ravens having terrible field position the entire first half, this is about how I thought things would go. Each team would make a few plays, but for the most part these are two evenly matched teams without Rob Gronkowski.
- The Ravens have to feel really good about themselves that they’re only down six and they started their drives at the 13, 10, 8, 10 and 14 yard lines.
- Doesn’t look like the Patriots will have Aqib Talib (right hamstring) the rest of the game. If he couldn’t re-enter in the first half, not sure why he’d be able to do it later. Of course, I’m not a doctor.
- I don’t think the Talib injury affects much for the Patriots. They’ll still try to limit the big plays and play two deep safeties most of the time.
- Of course, the Ravens are dead set on taking the Patriots out of that by running the ball. Whether or not they can could determine the winner.
- Aaron Hernandez, who has been the offense so far, made a mistake not going out of bounds before halftime. Could have cost the Patriots four points.
- The Ravens have protected their quarterback better so far. We’ll have to see if that’s a factor.
- Brandon Lloyd’s going to continue to get opportunities. So far so good.
- The Patriots are going to hit a wheel route to one of the backs at some point.
- Great chess match between Tom Brady and the Ravens’ defense. Slight edge to Brady so far.
Ski season updates, free from The Boston Globe.
Get the Globe's free newsletter, It's All Downhill, for the latest from the slopes.