FOXBOROUGH — Patriots defensive tackle Tommy Kelly practiced for the first time with the team on Saturday as the team donned pads. But he did so on a limited basis.
Kelly wore shoulder pads and shorts, working out with no thigh or leg pads.
Missing for the first time from practice was defensive back Daxton Swanson, who had impressed observers through minicamp and the first two days of training camp.
Wide receiver Greg Orton, who was carted off the field on Friday, was not seen at practice.
Here is the full list of Patriots players who did not participate in Saturday’s practice:
– WR Greg Orton (unknown)
– WR Aaron Dobson (foot)
– WR Matthew Slater (unknown)
– DB Jemea Thomas (unknown)
– DB Daxton Swanson (unknown)
– CB Alfonzo Dennard (shoulder)
– LB Deontae Skinner (unknown)
– OL Chris Martin (unknown)
– DL Dominique Easley (knee)
– WR Jeremy Gallon (unknown)
Dobson, Slater, Dennard, and Gallon were all spotted working off to the side, doing rehab and conditioning work.