Thursday afternoon quick hits:
* Safety Eugene Wilson wasn’t present for the start of today’s practice, which was open to the media. Others not in attendance included defensive linemen Richard Seymour and Ty Warren; receiver Troy Brown; safety James Sanders; and cornerbacks Randall Gay and Tyrone Poole.
* Receiver Bethel Johnson returned to practice after not being present for the start of Wednesday’s workout. Running back Corey Dillon was also present.
* In the portion of practice opened to the media, there was only stretching and special teams work. Linebacker Tedy Bruschi participated in special teams drills and stretched in the first row with fellow linebacker Mike Vrabel.
* In the locker room earlier in the day, Vrabel was one player drawing a large media crowd. In general, it was a quiet day in terms of media attendance and players speaking with the media.
* Safety Rodney Harrison was in the locker room and said surgery on his injured knee is still 2-3 weeks away.
* Offensive tackle Matt Light was also present, and walked with the aid of one crutch.
Looking ahead, we’ll plan on posting another update when the injury report is released around 4 p.m. EDT.