The Patriots have revealed their schedule for the upcoming regular season.
Here’s a look at their week-by-week opponents:
Week 1: vs. Houston Texans, Sunday, Sept. 9 (1 p.m.)
- Texans head coach Bill O’Brien spent five seasons as a member of the Patriots’ coaching staff.
Week 2: @ Jacksonville Jaguars, Sunday, Sept. 16 (4:25 p.m.)
- The Patriots defeated the Jaguars in the AFC Championship game, 24-20.
Week 3: @ Detroit Lions, Sunday, Sept. 23 (8:20 p.m.)
- After six seasons as the Patriots’ defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia announced he had accepted Detroit’s head coaching position the Monday immediately following the Super Bowl.
- The Lions also acquired former Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount on a one-year, $2 million deal during the offseason. Blount won Super Bowl LI with the Patriots and Super Bowl LII with the Eagles.
Week 4: vs. Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 30 (1 p.m.)
- Former Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola signed a two-year, $12 million deal with the Dolphins in March.
Week 5: vs. Indianapolis Colts, Thursday, Oct. 4 (8:20 p.m.)
- After Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels went back on his verbal agreement to replace Chuck Pagano, Colts general manager Chris Ballard announced “the rivalry is back on.”
Week 6: vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, Oct. 14 (8:20 p.m.*)
Week 7: @ Chicago Bears, Sunday, Oct. 21 (1 p.m.*)
Week 8: @ Buffalo Bills, Monday, Oct. 29 (8:15 p.m.)
Week 9: vs. Green Bay Packers, Sunday, Nov. 4 (8:20 p.m.*)
- Quarterback duel: Tom Brady vs. Aaron Rodgers.
Week 10: @ Tennessee Titans, Sunday, Nov. 11 (1 p.m.*)
- Former Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler signed a five-year, $61 million contract with the Titans in March. After being the hero of Super Bowl XLIX, Butler was inexplicably benched during Super Bowl LII.
- The Titans also acquired former Patriots running back Dion Lewis.
- Former Patriots lineman Mike Vrabel was hired by the Titans in January for his first head coaching opportunity.
Week 11: Bye
Week 12: @ New York Jets, Sunday, Nov. 25 (1 p.m.*)
Week 13: vs. Minnesota Vikings, Sunday, Dec. 2 (4:25 p.m.*)
Week 14: @ Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Dec. 9 (1 p.m.*)
Week 15: @ Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday, Dec. 16 (4:25 p.m.*)
Week 16: vs. Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Dec. 23 (1 p.m.*)
Week 17: vs. New York Jets, Sunday, Dec. 30 (1 p.m.*)
*Time subject to flex scheduling
Welcome aboard. pic.twitter.com/kOnhRi12Vz
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) April 20, 2018