The day after cutdown day in the NFL is when teams add players cast off by other teams and learn if they’ll be able to put players they were hoping would clear waivers on their practice squad.
Here’s a look at reports that have emerged Sunday regarding the Patriots:
- The Patriots announced they have added the following eight players to their practice squad: offensive lineman Cole Croston, backup quarterback Danny Etling, offensive lineman James Ferentz, defensive lineman Trent Harris, wide receiver Riley McCarron, defensive tackle Vincent Valentine, running back Ralph Webb, and cornerback Jomal Wiltz. A team can carry up to 10 players on their practice squad.
- According to ESPN, the Bills claimed punter Corey Bojorquez and defensive back Ryan Lewis — both of whom were among the Patriots’ cuts.
- The Patriots claimed two receivers, Amara Darboh and Chad Hansen, according to multiple reports. Darboh was cut by the Seahawks, and Hansen by the Jets.
- The Ravens signed cornerback Cyrus Jones to their practice squad, according to multiple reports.
- The Texans claimed safety A.J. Moore, according to ESPN.
- Running back Mike Gillislee has signed a one-year deal with the New Orleans Saints, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.