The Bruins beat the Maple Leafs on Tuesday night at TD Garden, 4-2. David Pastrnak tallied his 10th goal of the season.
The Nationals weren’t afraid of the spotlight in the team’s first World Series game. Washington traveled to Houston and beat the Astros 5-4 in Game 1 of the Fall Classic.
The Celtics get going tonight in Philadelphia against the 76ers at 7:30 p.m.
Bill Belichick discussed what Mohamed Sanu can add: The Patriots traded for Mohamed Sanu on Tuesday morning, sending a second-round pick to the Falcons in exchange for the 30-year-old wide receiver.
On Tuesday evening, Belichcik discussed what Sanu brings to the table during his weekly interview on WEEI’s “Ordway, Merloni & Fauria.”
“Well, I think we are working through that,” said Belichick of introducing Sanu to the Patriots’ system. “We’ll put him in and see how it goes. He’s a talented player. He’s got a lot of experience. He’s done different things, so we’ll see how it all fits for us.”
Belichick said that he doesn’t get too involved in the trade rumors, leaving much of it to Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio.
“I talk to him when things get I would say relevant,” Belichick said of Caserio. “There is a lot of talk. That is part of football.”
Trivia: What team originally drafted Rajon Rondo in 2006?
(Answer at the bottom).
Hint: The team already had the league’s MVP at point guard.
More from Boston.com:
- Tom Brady on retirement talk, Mohamed Sanu, and what New York fans say to him
- Is Tom Brady planning to move on, or have the Patriots already done so in advance?
- A UMaine women’s field hockey game was cut short for football fireworks. Riley Field wants you to know what that meant.
- Carsen Edwards has always played with an edge
- How the Celtics will perform this season, according to NBA experts
- Patriots notebook: Jakobi Meyers proved he was a worthy target for Tom Brady
- Patriots signing Pro Bowl special teamer Justin Bethel, reports say
- Bill Belichick used an NFL rules ‘loophole’ against the Jets. Then his reaction went viral.
- 3 takeaways from the Bruins’ 4-2 win over the Maple Leafs
- MLB will investigate exec’s outburst at reporters
As the Celtics’ season gets going, Stephen A. Smith has some questions about Brad Stevens:
Julian Edelman’s Instagram post after the win over the Jets:
A look into the Patriots’ postgame locker room:
"I know I know, but you know I've always gotta ask, how do we feel about being 7-0?!"
Awww yeah. pic.twitter.com/OUob8ExXSp
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) October 23, 2019
On this day: In 2013, the Red Sox beat the Cardinals 8-1 in Game 1 of the World Series.
Daily highlight: Here’s David Pastrnak making the first of what will probably be many appearances in the daily highlight this season.
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) October 23, 2019
Trivia answer: Phoenix Suns