With the 2020 NFL Draft complete, the Patriots are now adding to their roster via the undrafted free-agent market.
Here’s a running list of players they are signing:
- Quarterback J’Mar Smith (Louisiana Tech): The Patriots are signing 6-foot-1 quarterback J’Mar Smith, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. Smith completed 64.3 percent of his passes as a redshirt senior last season, and threw for 2,977 yards and 18 touchdowns. A Mississippi native, Smith also played varsity baseball (as a catcher) in high school.
BLESSED and THANKFUL for the opportunity!! MOTIVATED and HUMBLE! Let’s get it!!! @patriots
— JMar C. Smith (@JMarSmith8) April 26, 2020
- Quarterback Brian Lewerke (Michigan State): The Patriots are signing 6-foot-3 quarterback Brian Lewerke, according to his agent Mike McCartney. Lewerke completed 59.6 percent of his passes last season, throwing for 3,079 yards, 17 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions.
I know I am a great QB. I’m extremely confident in that and I will prove it one way or another. I’ll always praise God in the highs and the lows.
— Brian Lewerke (@brianlewerke14) April 26, 2020
- Running back JJ Taylor (Arizona): The Patriots are signing 5-foot-5 running back JJ Taylor, Arizona announced. As a redshirt junior last season, Taylor rushed for 721 yards and five touchdowns on 148 carries (4.9 average yards/carry). He also caught 32 passes for 289 yards.
- Wide receiver Will Hastings (Auburn): The Patriots are signing 5-foot-10 slot receiver Will Hastings, according to NESN’s Doug Kyed. Hastings caught 19 passes for 222 yards and a touchdown as a redshirt senior last year. He overlapped with Patriots quarterback Jarrett Stidham for two seasons at Auburn. In 2017, Hastings and Stidham connected for four touchdowns, including one for 47 yards and another for 49. Hastings missed the 2018 season with an ACL injury.
- Wide receiver Sean Riley (Syracuse): Sean Riley tweeted he is “officially” a Patriot. The 5-foot-8 slot receiver was Syracuse’s primary kickoff returner for four seasons. As a senior last year, he averaged 17.3 yards/return on kickoffs and 9.3 yards/return on punts. He also caught 36 passes for 275 yards and a touchdown.
I’m officially a New England Patriot Lets WORK !!!
— Sean Riley (@seankriley) April 26, 2020
- Wide receiver Jeff Thomas (Miami): The Patriots are signing 5-foot-10 receiver Jeff Thomas, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. During his three-year college career, Thomas was suspended multiple times for undisclosed rule violations. He was dismissed from the team in November 2018 but welcomed back by new coach Manny Diaz in 2019. As a junior last season, Thomas appeared in 10 games — he was suspended for two others — and caught 31 passes for 379 yards and three touchdowns.
- Wide receiver Isaiah Zuber (Mississippi State): The Patriots are signing 6-foot wideout Isaiah Zuber, according to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky. Zuber played three seasons at Kansas State before transferring to Mississippi State. There, he carved out a role both in the receiving game and on special teams. Last season, he caught 14 passes for 211 yards and two touchdowns, and returned 12 kicks for 189 yards (15.8 average yards/return).
- Tight end Jake Burt (Boston College): The Patriots are signing 6-foot-3 tight end Jake Burt, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The contract includes $80,000 guaranteed. Burt, a Lynnfield native who attended St. Johns Prep in Danvers, caught 15 passes for 212 yards and a touchdown as a graduate student last season.
- Tight end Rashod Berry (Ohio State): Dan Hope of Eleven Warriors reports the Patriots are signing 6-foot-4 tight end Rashod Berry, who will join draft picks Devin Asiasi and Dalton Keene at the position. In four years at Ohio State, Berry totaled 17 catches for 198 yards and four touchdowns.
- Cornerback Myles Bryant (Washington): The Patriots are signing 5-foot-9 cornerback Myles Bryant, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported. As a senior last season, Bryant had 68 tackles, three interceptions, and a forced fumble in 13 games.
- Defensive end Nick Coe (Auburn): The Patriots are signing 6-foot-5, 291-pound defensive end Nick Coe, per Coe’s agency.
- Defensive tackle Bill Murray (William & Mary): Defensive tackle Bill Murray is signing with the Patriots, William & Mary announced. As a senior last season, Murray blocked four kicks. He has 10 blocks in his career.
- Defensive tackle Courtney Wallace Jr. (Louisiana Tech): Defensive tackle Courtney Wallace Jr. shared he has signed with the Patriots. The 6-foot-2, 305-pound lineman had a breakout season last year, with 41 tackles — 8.5 for a loss — two sacks, and a forced fumble.
I thank God for this opportunity! Its up from here! @Patriots nation!
— Courtney Wallace Jr (@tale_nted_) April 26, 2020
- Linebacker De’Jon “Scoota” Harris (Arkansas): Linebacker De’Jon Harris is signing with the Patriots. According to NESN’s Doug Kyed, his contract includes $150,000 guaranteed and a $25,000 signing bonus.
Pain ain’t never stop nothing it always kept us rolling. Im ready to get to work with the @Patriots. Y’all haven’t seen nothing yet I promise! Appreciate all my supporters🙏🏾🤍 pic.twitter.com/sRqZJY4LtV
— De'Jon Harris (@Scoooota8) April 25, 2020
- Linebacker Kyahva Tezino (San Diego State): The Patriots are signing linebacker Kyahva Tezino.
I’m a New England Patriots! God is Great 🙏🏾
— Kyahva Tezino (@KYAHVA44) April 26, 2020