The Celtics are on again this evening at 6:30 p.m., tipping off against the Heat. The Red Sox face the Rays starting at 6:40 p.m.
And the Patriots were back on the field Monday:
Back to work. pic.twitter.com/Gk851d45Mk
— New England Patriots (@Patriots) August 3, 2020
Cam Jordan’s thoughts on Tom Brady: Saints defensive end Cam Jordan registered 15.5 sacks in the 2019 season as one of the league’s most dominant players at his position. Now, thanks to a momentous free agent signing by the Buccaneers, he will get a chance to play against Tom Brady twice a season.
Yet Jordan didn’t seem too deferential towards the six-time Super Bowl winner during an interview on Monday with NFL Network’s “Good Morning Football.”
“They’ve got the second-greatest quarterback of all-time, right behind Drew Brees, and now we’ve got a head-to-head two times a year,” Jordan said. “We’ve got our work cut out for us and then they have an addition, you bring in Rob Gronkowski and LeSean McCoy, you already had two 1,000-yard receivers in [Chris] Godwin and Mike Evans. This is a team that’s fighting for second place.”
— GMFB (@gmfb) August 3, 2020
The Saints host the Buccaneers in Week 1 of the 2020 season, with kickoff set for 4:25 p.m. on Sept. 13. New Orleans has won the NFC South three seasons in a row, while Tampa hasn’t won it since 2007.
Trivia: Who was the last first-round pick of the pre-Bill Belichick era?
(Answer at the bottom).
Hint: He was selected out of Boston College in the 1999 NFL draft.
More from Boston.com:
- Derek Jeter blames Marlins’ coronavirus outbreak on ‘false sense of security’
- Sports Q: Who was the better Red Sox pitcher, Roger Clemens or Pedro Martinez?
- Dante Scarnecchia on Patriots opting out and what he thinks of Cam Newton’s potential
- ESPN to offer Statcast broadcast for Red Sox-Yankees Sunday Night Baseball matchup
- Bruins-Flyers round-robin opener delivers strong ratings for NBC
- Celtics’ hard-earned win saved an otherwise lost weekend for the return of sports
- The Patriots are reportedly interested in tight end Delanie Walker
- Bill Russell reminded Twitter that he is still alive after spotting fan’s tweet
Olympic swimmer Katie Ledecky balanced a glass of chocolate milk on her head:
— Katie Ledecky (@katieledecky) August 3, 2020
Former Bruin Tyler Seguin was among the group of NHL players who took a knee during the national anthem on Monday:
— x-Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) August 3, 2020
Cam Newton, officially in a Patriots jersey:
Cam Newton’s first official photo in his Patriots jersey. pic.twitter.com/tn5SVJIl1M
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) August 4, 2020
On this day: In 1984, Carl Lewis won the 100-meter Olympic gold medal with a time of 9.99 seconds.
— Olympic Channel (@olympicchannel) July 1, 2017
Daily highlight: Amid a hat-trick, Oilers center Connor McDavid scored a goal that was a perfect combination of his speed and skill. The replays showcase the exquisitely nonchalant flip of the puck into the roof of the net.
Trivia answer: Damien Woody