The Patriots prepare for a home game against the Vikings on Sunday at 4:25 p.m.
Kyrie Irving talked about his “magic” balancing act: A video showing Celtics guard Kyrie Irving displaying absurd balancing skills baffled the internet last week:
— ESPN (@espn) November 24, 2018
Irving was asked about his mysterious talent, offering a clue into its possible explanation.
“It’s magic, man,” Irving told MassLive’s Tom Westerholm. “That’s all I can say. It’s just magic. I’m just appreciative of Nike giving me the technology, my shoes, being able to capture that on camera.
Irving was then asked a follow-up question about if the video was indeed fake.
“I told you, it’s magic. That’s all I can say about it.”
Even some of Irving’s own teammates ultimately remain unsure.
“Nah, that’s not real,” said Marcus Morris initially when asked about Irving’s apparent balancing ability. Yet he quickly walked his statement back.
“I mean, I don’t know,” Morris followed up. “Maybe. I don’t want to steal his shine. I don’t know. [Expletive], it might be real. But I’ve never seen him do that stuff. But it could be real.” [MassLive]
More from Boston.com:
- Patriots notebook: Vikings are Patriots’ next obstacle in push for AFC’s No. 1 seed
- There was a lot to like in the Celtics’ win over the Pelicans
- Sports Q: Was spending a first-round pick on Sony Michel worthwhile?
- Tom Brady’s not so-very good extraordinary day
- 3 takeaways from the Bruins’ 4-2 loss to the Maple Leafs
- Von Miller chooses to channel Bill Belichick ahead of matchup against the Bengals
- Jets beat writer responds to Gronkowski touchdown: ‘He made one nice play’
The 2018 Red Sox Hall of Fame exhibit opens: The World Series champion Red Sox have a display of their own in the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York. Fans can view items like:
- Steve Pearce’s bat from Game 4 of the World Series (in which Pearce went 2-4 with a home run and 4 RBIs)
- David Price’s game jersey from Game 5 of the World Series
- Joe Kelly’s glasses from Game 5 of the World Series
- Nathan Eovaldi’s hat and spikes worn throughout the World Series
- Alex Cora’s hoodie from Game 5 of the World Series
- Brock Holt’s postseason batting helmet, worn on Oct. 8 when he hit for the cycle against the Yankees
A recent Hal Steinbrenner comment on Manny Machado:
Regardless of the player, if there are work-ethic issues, they need to be addressed prior to becoming a Yankee, says Hal Steinbrenner.
FULL INTERVIEW: Monday on Yankees Hot Stove pic.twitter.com/SQbH3lfj6o
— YES Network (@YESNetwork) November 23, 2018
Jeopardy trolled the Lions: Matt Patricia’s team was the subject of an ignominious Jeopardy moment on Monday when a category titled “Predictions by 2030” offered this answer: “As of 2018, this NFC North team had never even made the Super Bowl, much less won it. But by 2030? Gotta happen, right?”
A contestant correctly identified the lowly Lions:
"This NFC North team had never even made the Super Bowl, much less won it, but by 2030? Gotta happen, right?"
Jeopardy went there 😬 pic.twitter.com/tI9ZAM5KEr
— NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) November 27, 2018
Daily highlight: From the Celtics’ win, here’s a Jayson Tatum dunk.
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) November 27, 2018