The magazine’s readers chose Hampton Beach as having the top boardwalk in the land during the magazine’s “Best of Summer” competition. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, the magazine is asking readers to pick their favorite summer places and foods, from boardwalks to lobster rolls to parks. Readers vote for a week on a travel category before a winner is announced.
Magazine editors called the 1.3-mile “old-school” Hampton Beach boardwalk charming due to its long stretch of shops facing the water, its wide and sandy beach, and its world-famous annual sand sculpting competition.
Editors also noted the boardwalk’s Sea Shell stage, which hosts free, live music throughout the summer, and the Hampton Beach Casino, which has offered classic arcade games to beachgoers since 1899.
Read More in Travel
- This small Mass. town isn’t famous yet, but will be, according to Travel + Leisure
- A local man who visited 350 parks says you need to know about these 9 hidden gems
- Bike or run along these 3 former railroad routes
- The dad who visited 350 local parks says these 7 will thrill your kids
- 20 things to do in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, for under $20