If you’re looking for some serious hospitality in New England, you might consider a trip to Nantucket. The region’s top two hotels are located on the island, according to Conde Nast Traveler‘s 30th Annual Readers’ Choice Awards.
76 Main, which ranked No. 1 on the publication’s list of 40 top hotels in New England, has 20 rooms and suites designed to make guests feel like they’re staying at an upscale private home, according to the hotel’s website. Imagine courtyard fire pits, iPads in every room, guest hospitality centers with refrigerators, an all-day coffee cafe, and personalized concierge services.
At the Cottages & Lofts at the Boat Basin, No. 2 on the list, guests stay in harbor-facing cottages with full kitchens and polished pine floors, slate bathrooms and dormer windows, according to CNT.
Here’s a list of the top 10 hotels in New England. View the complete list of 40 top hotels in New England on CNT‘s website.
1. 76 Main, Nantucket
2. The Cottages & Lofts at the Boat Basin, Nantucket
3. Harraseeket Inn, Freeport, Maine
4. Hotel Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
5. The Chanler at Cliff Walk, Newport, Rhode Island
6. Chebeague Island Inn, Chebeague Island, Maine
7. The Press Hotel, Autograph Collection, Portland, Maine
8. The Break, Narragansett, Rhode Island
9. White Elephant, Nantucket
10. Blantyre, Lenox
Editors compiled the readers’ choice lists based on the results of an online survey available to CNT readers between April 1 and July 1, 2017. The survey contained more than 30,000 listings of hotels, resorts, islands, airports, cities, and cruise ships. More than 300,000 readers submitted millions of ratings and more than 100,000 comments, according to the publication.