When it comes to a spacious ride in the sky, it doesn’t get better than JetBlue, according to Fodor’s Travel.
JetBlue, Logan Airport’s largest carrier, was recently recognized as the best airline for plus-sized passengers in the inaugural Fodor’s Travel Awards, chosen by an editorial team of travel experts and released earlier this month.
“JetBlue recently became the airline with the most room in the sky,” the editors wrote. “This year, they overhauled their planes, widening their seats and increasing leg room. Each seat is 18.25” wide, which is around one inch wider than most airlines, meaning there’s not only more room to sit, but you now are far less likely to have to share armrest space with your neighbor. They also have the most seat pitch—the distance between your headrest and the headrest in front of you—which will give you more room to stretch your legs.”
The best airline in the U.S. went to Delta Air Lines (“We love Delta because their planes are some of the newest in the skies, and they fly everywhere”), the best airline for pets is American Airlines due to its first-class pet cabins called “Cuddle Class,” and Southwest nabbed friendliest staff (“This is the airline to fly if you’re looking to make the hell that is flying just a little less painful, and that is mostly thanks to the staff”).
Here is the entire list of winning airlines:
- The best U.S. airline: Delta Air Lines
- The best international airline: Emirates
- The best airline for plus-sized passengers: JetBlue Airways
- The best budget bougie experience: Norwegian Air
- The best airline for blowing your budget: Etihad Airways
- The best airline for pets: American Airlines
- The tiny airline you should try: Air Dolomiti
- The best airline for foodies: Japan Airlines
- The best airline for wine and cocktail connoisseurs: Japan Airlines
- The best airline for getting sleep: Mint
- The best airline for flying with kids: Qatar Airways
- The airline with the friendliest staff: Southwest