Three teenagers are charged with robbing man at knifepoint of BlackBerry, iPod and wallet

Three teenagers were arraigned this week on charges of armed robbery after allegedly stealing a BlackBerry, iPod, and wallet from a man at knifepoint in Dorchester, Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office said.

Two 16-year-old boys, one from Dorchester and one from Jamaica Plain, were arraigned in the Dorchester Juvenile Court

on charges of delinquency, to wit armed robbery, and receiving stolen property under $250. Their names were not released because they are juveniles.

A third suspect, 17-year-old Keyshaun Taylor, was arraigned in Dorchester Municipal Court on a single count of armed robbery. Taylor, who is from Attleboro, and the two juveniles pleaded not guilty to all charges, said Renee Nadeau Algarin, a Conley spokeswoman.


The victim, a 22-year-old Boston man, was robbed by the three teenagers as he walked from the Ashmont MBTA station to a friend’s house on Monday night, prosecutors said. The teenagers approached the victim from behind and, as one held a knife to his side, another teen told him, “Give me everything you have.’’

The victim contacted Boston police and officers quickly spotted the three teens in a nearby neighborhood, prosecutors said.

After officers asked if any of them had a cellphone, the Dorchester teen presented a BlackBerry, but allegedly told officers he didn’t know the phone’s passcode because he had found the phone down the street. The iPod was found on the Jamaica Plain teen while the knife was found on Taylor, prosecutors said.

As police questioned the suspects, the BlackBerry rang and an officer answered the call. The caller identified himself as the victim’s father, which verified that the phone belonged to the Boston man, prosecutors said.

The two 16-year-olds were free on bail on an unrelated case; bail was revoked in that case, prosecutors said. In the armed robbery case, bail was set at $2,500 cash, and they were given a 6 p.m. curfew and ordered not to contact the victim. Both were to return to court Oct. 23.


Taylor was released on personal recognizance but placed under house arrest and required to wear a GPS monitor, prosecutors said. He will return to court on Nov. 20.

Loading Comments...