Third home on Plum Island demolished after weekend storm

A worker walked past a demolished home on Annapolis Way as a bulldozer began to remove debris from the property today.
A worker walked past a demolished home on Annapolis Way as a bulldozer began to remove debris from the property today. –Wendy Maeda/Globe Staff

A bulldozer broke down the precarious remains of another Plum Island home this morning, marking the third Newbury house that has fallen victim to last week’s destructive nor’easter.

All three houses were in the hard-hit Annapolis Way area, said Susan Noyes, assistant town clerk. The other two houses, 31 and 41 Annapolis Way, were demolished Sunday.

In all, 13 homes in the area have been deemed uninhabitable and at least 40 other houses are considered at risk from erosion, which threatens to undermine their foundations, the Globe reported today.

The home demolished today, at 37 Annapolis Way, was owned by Thomas Nee, who managed to remove several personal belongings before the structure was destroyed, Noyes said.

“It really wasn’t [inhabitable] so he decided that rather than invest more money he would determine what his next steps would be,’’ she said.

Advertisement

Loading Comments...