Two N.H. men arrested for kidnapping teen acquaintance

Two New Hampshire men were arrested Saturday after they allegedly kidnapped a Londonderry 17-year-old acquaintance from the Mall of New Hampshire, forced him to walk a mile into woods and strip before beating and threatening to kill him, according to police.

The 17-year-old told Hooksett police that the two suspects – identified by authorities as Don Little, 29, of Rochester, N.H., and Michael Renfrew, 24, of Raymond, N.H. – forced him into a car at the Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester Saturday afternoon, police said in a statement.

The suspects allegedly brought the teen to Morningside Drive in Hooksett, a small residential street about a 20 minute drive from the mall, where they threatened him with a gun – although no weapon was shown – and forced him to walk about a mile with them into the woods there, police said.


Once in the woods, the suspects allegedly forced the boy to take off his clothes, and then punched him in the head and beat him. They then allegedly told the 17-year-old to run or they would shoot him.

The teenager was found walking out of the woods naked around 1:30 p.m. by neighborhood residents, and Hooksett police were called to the scene. The teen said that he had been mugged, and gave a description of the suspects and the car they were driving.

Police found the suspects, identified as Little and Renfrew, when the two men drove back to the Morningside Drive area while police were still on scene.

Hooksett Police Sergeant Matthew Burke said there were no signs of sexual abuse in the incident, and noted that Little was known to the victim through the victim’s girlfriend.

“This was more of a personal issue,’’ Burke said. “This was more to embarrass the individual.’’

Burke said the two men only stole the teenager’s clothes.

The two men were charged in Hooksett with robbery, kidnapping, and criminal threatening, and were released on bail. However, they were then turned over to Manchester police for kidnapping charges.

Little was released on bail, said Manchester Police Lieutenant Michael Hurley. Renfrew was still in jail as he waited to make bail as of 7 p.m. Sunday night, Hurley said.


The two men have a June 5 court date in Hooksett, police said.

The investigation is ongoing, police said.

Loading Comments...