DA: Two women and one man murdered in 2009 because alleged shooter was upset women showed no interest in him

Furious that two women he met at a Dorchester house party showed no romantic interest in him, Keron Pierre allegedly pulled out a pistol and opened fire into a parked car, a barrage of gunfire that killed Shacora Gaines,Chantal Palmer and Anthony Peoples in 2009, a prosecutor said in court today.

Pierre was finally arraigned in Suffolk Superior Court this morning in downtown Boston on three counts of first degree murder stemming from the deadly shootings that took place more than three years ago – March 29, 2009 – on Mount Ida Road around 4 a.m.

Three days after the killings, authorities allege Pierre fled from Mattapan to Trinidad and Tobago where he fought extradition for three years to return to the US, a fight that formally ended with his court appearance today, according to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office.


Suffolk Assistant District Attorney Mark Lee told Trial Magistrate Gary D. Wilson that Pierre and the victims were at a Dorchester house party. The victims were sitting in a car when Pierre pulled alongside in a vehicle driven by another man, Lee said.

“The defendant who was with a number of other men, associates or friends of his, approached the car and attempted to begin a conversation with the women who were in that car,’’ Lee said in court. “When he was told that the women in the car were not interested in whatever he had to say, Mr. Pierre reached into his waist and pulled out a semi automatic pistol and opened fire repeatedly on the car.’’

Gaines, 20 and a mother, Palmer, 20 and a mother were both from Brockton. The third victim, 19-year-old Peoples, was a Boston resident. A fourth person, a woman whose name has not been released, was with the three victims but was not injured, authorities have said.

Some of their relatives were in court today when Pierre’s court proceeding was held, but because he was not brought into the courtroom itself at the request of his attorney, they did not see him in person.


But Tardiff also challenged the government’s assertion that his client fled to Trinidad and Tobago to avoid prosecution. At that time, Pierre was an “event promoter’’ who flew to the island country for a business opportunity, a claim supported by the fact that he had a round-trip ticket.

Wilson, the trial magistrate, ordered Pierre, 27, held without bail.

Loading Comments...